Tuesday, November 30, 2010

NEVER A DULL MOMENT

Today Blockbuster apparently became a crisis intervention hotline. I get a call from this guy. Things started off normal...he needed the number for the Orem store and was charged for keeping a movie. Easy fix, right? Wrong. All of a sudden he starts telling me basically his whole life story. Nothing to do with movies. Nothing. He told me about him being divorced and not having custody of his kids and all he wants to do is be a part of their lives. Told me stories and about opportunities he has turned down so he could be close to his kids. Although I was laughing to myself thinking "is this for real," I felt bad for the guy. I seriously just sat there listening prob for at least 10 mins, which doesn't sound long, but for a call to Blockbuster it is. I couldn't interrupt him venting and pouring his heart out. You must have no one to talk to when you turn to Blockbuster employees to confide in. The funny part is that in the end he didn't even ask about the movie. He seriously just called to vent. Well Chris, aka "Daddio" (that is what his kids refer to him because they love him), you deserve better and I hope you will get what you desire some day.

The things that happen at Blockbuster...I will never understand. Come visit. It's a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment